A workplace trainer is responsible for developing, implementing and assessing training programs to make certain that a specific workforce acquires the skills needed by organisations to meet their objectives. More than 26,000 individuals work in professional workplace training jobs, with roughly 85% of them working full time. Around 80% of these people have Cert III or IV qualifications or higher and many of them have degrees and diplomas, as well.
What Career Opportunities are There for Workplace Trainers?
Professionals who took training and assessment courses in Gold Coast or anywhere in Australia are widespread to different industries, such as Work Safety and Health, Humans Resources, School Teachers, and even Aged Care Centres. RAM Training Services says that you have a number of niches to choose from based on your expertise, the expertise you’re currently developing, or the expertise you’re planning to develop. Take your pick, so you can begin your career as a qualified workplace trainer.
What Exactly Do Workplace Trainers Do?
Workplace trainers have the following responsibilities:
- Determine the training requirements of the organisation’s workforce.
- Set human resource (HR) initiatives and assess potential learning results.
- Develop and prepare instructional training aids and materials, including demonstration models, handbooks, online tutorials, visual aids and other relevant training documentation.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule and perform training programs for group or individual settings and facilitate related demonstrations, meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Communicate with external or other workplace trainers for arranging the delivery of particular training programs.
- Promote external and internal training and assess these activities.
- Track on-going assessments and evaluations of the training program’s effectiveness and quality.
- Review training objectives, course deliverables and methods to modify them accordingly.
- Collect, research and investigate relevant materials to understand the organisation’s work systems and subject matters better.
- Guide management regarding employee placement and development and offer career counselling.
A career in workplace training is beneficial for individuals with a passion and interest for training and teaching. If this applies to you, then a career in workplace training could be the right one for you.